Yours truly,

Me Academia

Monday, January 20, 2020

Redefine grading scheme based on Harris bin Potter

Salam,

I am still reading Harris bin Potter, 50% completed. This book really makes me laugh. So far every page is interesting. I guess if you a fan of Harry Potter you will find this book amusing. A good parody. I do not know that parody can be in the form of a book, until I read Harris bin Potter. The only regret is to allow Miss T read it before me. There are a lot of vulgar and taboo words, for a 12-year-old I think it is not suitable. Thank fully Miss T is OK about it.

Today I want to write a scene from the book. There is this one part, when the school grading scheme is redefine. It is hilarious and it sound legitimate in this current trend of hipster kix. I try my best to correlate to the current grading scheme. So here goes the new grading scheme:

Highest passing grade
A to A- => F = Fuyoh!
B+ to B => PG = Power Gedega!
B- to C+ => CB = Chill, Bro!

Failing grade
C to C- => WH = Wah Heng! (means lucky in hokkien)
D+ => ROK = Rilek One Korner
D => BK = Balik Kampung
E => FK = Fly Kite (means buzz off and go do something else)

(souce: Harris bin Potter by Suffian Hakim)

If you have not read the book, you should.



Spread the love

yours truly,

No comments:

Post a Comment

what say you?