Yours truly,

Me Academia

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sad song say so much

Uh uh.... today ended sadly. The day started beautifully, wonderfully, and exciting. But, the day was not meant to be a good day after all. Everyone was devastated at the end of the day.... owh almost. Yaya was the most affected by it.

Hmmm...cerita dia macam nie. For long the kids have been asking me to adopt a cat. Because we are living in an apartment, I found it difficult to allow them to do so. Though I am a cat lover, I will pat every cat that I came across to at any restaurant, so I believe that cat is an outdoor cat. Let it freely roaming the garden. Like my cat, and previous cats. I still have mine living with my mom. She is already 14 yrs old (the cat of course).  That is equivalence to 67 man age. That old huh. But she still healthy, despite being inactive like old time. Now, what can a stay-at-home cat do? Must be a pretty boring life I assumed.

However, that has changed. I have really gave a thought about this, for quite some time actually. Seeing that yaya and adik have shown such passion towards cat. Well actually, yaya had several cats last time. Until two went MIA and one just come home as he likes. All of them are male, they are brothers, and stayed with my mom. I suspected that the two that went missing were actually taken by somebody. Because these two were quite friendly. The third one is pretty wild. Till today I can never get to hold him, just able to hold the back of his neck for secs, then he will jump furiously, nails out, trying to scratch my hand. Yup, that is one fierce cat.

So I gave a thought, some thoughts, and feel sympathy to both yaya and adik, so I decided to give a try. But the decision is still depends on my hunny bunny approval. So somewhere around this week, after getting consent from hunny bunny, I said to the kids about the wonderful news, and both of them were hysterical. So we laid out the plan for the weekend.

Last night, hunny bunny came home and announce that he found a cute and suitable cat at a restaurant and wanted to adopt it. So this morning, we went to a pet shop near our home, and bought a pet carrier, a packet of kibbles for kitty, a potty tray and crystal. Then off we went to the restaurant. After much search, hunny bunny found it, and we brought it home. I am not sure the kitty gender, it was so skinny. According to hunny bunny, the kitty was so active last night. But now it was so passive and so quiet. I bathe the kitty, I think it was a female kitty. Dried it, and then gave it some kibbles and goat milk. I think the kitty was roughly 1+ months. But, the kitty neither drink nor eat, it just sat and slept, mostly in the carrier. That where the kitty felt safe and comfy. The kitty was not active. I guess probably anxiety. So we let the kitty by itself. It did look sickly. In the late afternoon, yaya called out to me, telling me that the kitty pooed. I went to clean the carrier, and the pooed was so soft, and black and so smelly. I suspected that something is not right. I realised, the kitty hardly meowed, even when I was giving the kitty a bath. Nevertheless, I keep thinking that the kitty needed more time to settle in.

After maghrib, the kitty just laid on the litter tray. Hunny bunny tried to feed it, but no positive reaction. Not long after that, the kitty started to cough out something. Well it sounded like that. Then the kitty started to meowed slowly at first, then louder. The legs started kicking, and I knew that sign. I had a cat Tupai once, and I saw he died, in front of me. I know there is this believe that the cat will always dies somewhere, as long it is not at his owner place. But Tupai love me so much, I guess he wanted to make sure that I knew he will be gone forever, and I could give him a proper burial, so he died while I watched over him. So when kitty legs started kicking, I knew it time has come. It was really sad to watch kitty passing today. We only had 8 hours nurturing kitty. Yaya was very sad with the passing. I cried too.... coz we started to adopt one. Well, bukan rezeki. I believe Allah has a better plan (cat) for us.

We gave kitty a proper burial. I guess, that is actually the plan. Allah wanted us to honour a cat. Just imagine that kitty died somewhere by the roadside. Nobody will give it a proper burial.

Goodbye kitty, though we just knew you for 8 hours, but we love u much. RIP kitty.

p.s. as I wrote this, hunny bunny came back with two stray kittens, we will bring them to vet for vaccination tomorrow.


Until next time, think positive and stay positive, inshaAllah everything will be OK

yours truly,

No comments:

Post a Comment

what say you?